DID YOU KNOW?
Summer is the peak time for teens to try drugs and alcohol.
You can't control the changes that impact your teen, but you can pay attention to her feelings, concerns and needs.
Conversations are one of the most powerful tools parents can use to connect with-and protect-their children.
Here are seven ways parents can help deter their teen from engaging in risky behaviors during the free time they'll have this summer:
1. Work up a list of what they can do without asking permission.
2. Install computer controls.
3. Know what is in the cabinets.
4. Establish that periodically throughout the day you must "TALK".
5. Take the spare car keys to work or track the mileage.
6. Know who your teens summer friends are.
7. Follow-up on statements that don't ring true.
For full article, click here.